‘The Barn’ shall mean the complex comprised of the buildings and surrounding outside areas of Gate Street Barn, The Orangery, Courtyard, The Gardens, The Car Parks, The Granary, The Bridal Room and The Pheasantry
‘The Event Organiser’ shall mean Gate Street Farm Ltd (Company No: 08681187) also trading as Gate Street Barn
‘The Hirer’ shall mean the person or persons signing the Booking Form produced by Gate Street Farm Ltd or an Agent on behalf of Gate Street Farm Ltd
‘The Hire Period’ shall mean the day specified on the Booking Form from 0900hours to midnight
‘The Hire Fee’ is the amount payable by The Hirer to The Event Organiser as set out in the Booking Form and confirmed in the Invoice
1. The Hirer shall not sub-let The Barn or any part thereof.
2. Any property of The Hirer or his agents may be delivered on the day of The Hire Period after 9.00am and removed from The Barn at the end of the Hire Period namely midnight. Any time before or after these hours must be authorised and agreed by The Event Organiser in writing in advance. There is no access to The Barn either side of The Hire Period unless agreed in advance and in writing. Any authorised access will be limited, and all Terms and Conditions apply when present at The Barn at all times.
3. The Hirer is responsible for all damage to The Barn and to any property in The Barn including but not limited to the chairs and tables occurring during The Hire Period and during authorised access to The Barn. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring his suppliers have appropriate insurance to cover their activities at The Barn. All breakages or other damage occurring during authorised access to The Barn must be reported to The Event Organiser immediately or within twenty-four hours of The Hire Period. Please note costs for any breakages or other damage to items will be for a brand-new replacement.
4. The Hirer and his suppliers must seek permission in advance from The Event Organiser for the positioning and use of any items. This includes but is not limited to items such as gazebos, garden furniture, floral displays and any form of entertainment. The Hirer will be responsible for any damage caused by any fixture or fitting or decoration (including but not limited to nails or Sellotape on paintwork)
5. The Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse access to The Barn to any suppliers or guests of The Hirer, such access not to be unreasonably withheld.
6. The Event Organiser reserves the right to promote The Barn by showing potential clients around during The Hire Period but before guests arrive. If the Bride’s Room is being used The Event Organiser will not enter this room.
7. The Event Organiser accepts no responsibility for any property belonging to The Hirer, his guests or his suppliers at The Barn at any time.
8. The Hirer is responsible for informing The Event Organiser of the names and contact details of all his agents involved no later than eight weeks before The Hire Period.
9. If a disco or band is required at The Barn within The Hire Period, only a company approved by The Event Organiser is allowed and our Standard Contract is signed by the relevant parties. The contract is available upon request. Approval will be granted upon receipt of a signed contract no later than 8 weeks before The Hire Period.
10. Amplified music is only permitted inside the main barn. Music required for outside reception drinks must not be amplified and can only be low background acoustic music i.e. does not require electronic means and is not permitted after 18.00hrs.
11. The Hirer must ensure all entertainment booked for The Hire Period, with the emphasis on bands, are in possession of a current Public Liability Insurance certificate and the equipment used for The Hire Period is Portable Appliance Tested (PAT). The Event Organiser reserves the right to request a copy of this documentation at any time and will refuse permission to perform to any agents who do not have Public Liability Insurance and whose equipment is not Portable Appliance Tested.
12. The Barn is installed with a decibel limiter and is programmed to the County Council recommended 92 decibel limit. The Hirer is responsible to ensure that any Band is aware of these limits and adhere to them. Bands consisting of five musicians or more usually play over this limit and as such are not suitable for The Hire Period.
13. The Event Organiser reserves the right to decide where all entertainment is positioned within The Hire Period.
14. All music must be finished by 23.45 hours apart from the automatic 1-hour License extension for New Year’s Eve.
15. The Hirer must inform The Event Organiser of the details of a non-approved caterer as soon as possible. The Hirer must not presume permission for a non-approved caterer will be granted to cater at The Barn. The Notes to Caterers (available on request), must be signed by a manager/director of a non-approved catering company and returned to The Event Organiser at least twelve weeks before The Hire Period. A surcharge is charged for using a non-approved caterer and must be paid with the final hire fee balance.
16. The Event Organiser is not responsible for any agents contracted by The Hirer.
17. The Event Organiser shall not be responsible for any loss due to the breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, Government restriction, or other catastrophe which may cause The Barn to be temporarily closed or The Hire Period to be interrupted or cancelled where such matters are outside of the control of The Event Organiser.
18. The Event Organiser reserves the right to end or suspend The Hire Period at any time if a guest, or number of guests, behave in an anti social manner such as fighting or other aggressive behaviour. The Event Organiser may, at their discretion, charge The Hirer for any extra expense it may incur for engaging police to preserve law and order, during or after any event in The Barn.
19. The Event Organiser reserves the right to deny entry and to ask any person to leave The Barn who is behaving in an antisocial manner or who, in The Event Organiser’s opinion, is under the influence of drugs and/or excessive alcohol consumption at any time during The Hire Period.
20. Guests under the age of eighteen are not permitted to drink alcohol at The Barn at any time apart from 16- and 17-year olds who are permitted to consume beer or wine when seated and eating a meal with adults. A “Provision of Alcohol Policy” notice will be prominently displayed where alcohol is served and any incidents such as refusal to serve will be recorded in the incidents and refusal book.
21. Any persons who, in the opinion of The Event Organiser, appear under the age of twenty-one and do not carry picture ID, (such as a student identity card, a driving license or a passport), will be refused alcohol. Any persons under 18 will not be served alcohol.
22. The Hirer is responsible for informing guests under the age of eighteen that they will not be served alcohol at anytime at The Barn.
23. The Hirer is responsible for informing guests under the age of twenty-one that picture ID, such as a student identity card, a driving license or a passport, may be asked for at The Barn before they can be served alcohol.
24. All drink will stop being served at 23.30 hours on the day of the Hire Period apart from the automatic 1- hour License extension for New Year’s Eve
25. A cashless (i.e. cards and contactless only) paying bar is included in the Venue Hire fee to open from 6pm. There is a minimum retail spend of £800.00 inc VAT. Extra charges apply for an earlier opening time which must coincide with the time guests leave the Main Barn after the Meal and Speeches. There is an additional fee for the optional pop up bar in the Main Barn.
26. There is a fee for staff to serve drinks in the evening should the Hirer opt for a self-supply evening bar. 27. Staff required to serve drink after guests leave the Barn following the meal and speeches must be arranged by The Event Organiser. The Hirer must inform The Event Organiser of the maximum number of guests attending at any one time after 18.00hrs and exactly what is proposed to be served. A fee for this service will be charged and must be settled eight weeks before The Hire Period. Relevant Terms & Conditions apply which are available on request.
28. The Hirer can only use official charity collection boxes which are sealed and clearly marked with the name of the Charity and the Registered Charity number.
29. If guests include ten or more children under the age of ten years, The Event Organiser advises a crèche facility or other form of entertainment is in operation for the whole period the children are present at The Barn.
30. Access to surrounding areas other than public footpaths is strictly forbidden. The surrounding area is a working farm and a swimming pool is in the garden adjoining The Barn. The Hirer is responsible for informing guests with young children to take appropriate precautions.
31. The maximum number of guests allowed at The Barn at any time is 200. The Barn has a seating capacity of 150 with a round top table or 130 with a long top table.
32. The Hirer must inform The Event Organiser before The Hire Period of guests with disabilities for example guests who are deaf, blind, of limited mobility or wheelchair users. Due to fire, health and safety regulations guests with disabilities must be seated adjacent to the fire exits.
33. Seating and table layouts must be agreed and authorised by The Event Organiser before The Hire Period. The Event Organiser reserves the right to di where tables are placed to conform to fire, health and safety regulations.
34. If a marquee is required at The Barn within The Hire Period only an approved company is allowed to be used. Marquees are only permitted at The Barn with The Event Organiser’s written permission in advance and The Hirer must not presume this will be granted due to the effect a marquee has to other hirers and the temporary discolouration of grass etc. A surcharge for adding a marquee extension will be charged and must be paid with the final hire fee balance.
35. All cars must park in the designated areas. Cars may only be allowed to stay overnight with prior permission of The Event Organiser. Cars with prior permission from The Event Organiser to stay overnight must park in the area stated by The Event Organiser and collected by 11.00 hours the following day.
36. All cars are left at the owner’s risk. The Event Organiser accepts no responsibility for cars parked at The Barn or its surrounding area.
37. The Hirer is responsible for the arrival and departure of all guests in a quiet and orderly fashion. The Hirer, his guests and Contractors must use the public road only and not the private road.
38. The Hirer shall collect any items left at the end of the Hire Period no later than 09.30 hours the following day unless other arrangements have been agreed with The Event Organiser.
39. The Hirer must arrange all departure transport for no later than midnight. The Hirer must inform all guests it is essential taxis are pre-booked and not left to order later than 20.00 hours. Taxis ordered at midnight may take more than an hour to arrive. If guests are present at The Barn after 01.00 hours, The Hirer will be charged £100.00 per hour plus VAT or part hour for staff to wait with guests until their transport arrives.
40. All tables and chairs inside the buildings of The Barn are not for outside use.
41. Only fresh or dried petal confetti is permitted at The Barn. There is strictly no metallic or paper confetti allowed at The Barn.
42. No nails, pins, sellotape or glue is permitted to be used anywhere at The Barn without prior consent of The Event Organiser.
43. No direction signs, balloons etc are permitted on routes leading to The Barn.
44. No night-lights or naked flames may be used in The Barn apart from candles on the tables where appropriate fire precautions have been taken.
45. No animals are permitted at The Barn with the exception of guide dogs.
46. There is strictly no smoking permitted inside the buildings comprising The Barn. This rule also applies to all types of electronic cigarettes
47. Fireworks are forbidden at The Barn. Pyrotechnic displays are allowed only with prior written permission of The Event Organiser.
48. The Hirer or a responsible person appointed by The Hirer must remain at The Barn until the last guest has departed.
49. The Hirer is responsible for informing agents and guests of these Terms and Conditions.
50. The Hirer pays a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the hire fee on booking The Barn and the remainder, including any surcharges, to be paid no later than two calendar months before The Hire Period. Any charges incurred during The Hire Period must be paid no later than four weeks after The Hire Period.
51. The Event Organiser strongly recommends The Hirer obtain wedding insurance, including Public Liability, sufficient to cover a cancellation or a postponement of the cost of The Hire Period. The Event Organiser requests a copy of the insurance document be sent within four weeks of paying the non refundable deposit.
52. It is the responsibility of The Hirer to book the Registrar for a Civil Marriage or Civil Partnership within The Hire Period and must inform The Event Organiser of the ceremony time. The Event Organiser cannot accept responsibility for any errors in civil ceremony arrangements.
53. Access and use of The Bridal Room at The Barn will be approved when the agreed security deposit is received with the final hire fee amount. This security deposit will be returned immediately after The Hire Period less the cost of any damages.
54. The Hirer is responsible for any missing items and all damage to The Bridal Room occurring during The Hire Period and during authorised access to The Barn caused by the Hirer, his suppliers or guests. All breakages or other damage occurring during authorised access or The Hire Period to The Bridal Room must be reported to The Event Organiser immediately.
55. The cost of any damage or missing items from The Bridal Room in excess of the agreed security deposit must be paid no later than four weeks after The Hire Period.
56. The Bridal Room must not be used for baby changing. A baby changing unit is available in the disabled toilet and the unisex loo in the Pheasantry.
57. Infants and children must not be left unattended in The Bridal Room or anywhere at the Barn at any time within The Hire Period.
58. The contract will take effect following acceptance by The Event Organiser in writing or by email of the Booking Form duly signed by The Hirer and payment of the Deposit set out in the Invoice from The Event Organiser to the Hirer.
59. Personal details such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers etc of The Hirer, guests, agents and suppliers will be retained by The Event Organiser. This information will only be used for the purposes of ensuring the smooth running of The Event. It will not be passed to any Third Party unless required by law. In the event that The Hirer wishes to contact another Hirer for the purposes of sharing suppliers, details will only be released with the express agreement of both parties.
60. The information will be retained for legal reasons for 6 years after The Event year and will then be destroyed whether it is held electronically or in hard copy. By signing the contract, The Hirer is freely giving explicit consent to this information being held by the Event Organiser for this period and for the stated purpose.
These Terms and Conditions form part of the contract between Gate Street Farm Ltd and the Hirer. Additional or changed terms and conditions may only be added if such changes arise from new statutory or regulatory requirements.
Updated September 2018 - JH